Monday, January 19, 2009

Spaghetti Monday

I can't remember if I've ever mentioned why we have Spaghetti Monday.

No, it wasn't an idea stolen from Hancock. They have a Spaghetti Thursday.

After Mojo was born, Kiddo decided to learn to cook. She can make two things now without much help at all: Spaghetti and Glop (a.k.a. chili mac, goulash, etc. i'll post our recipe next time i make it).

This came as a great help because hubby sleeps during the day and wakes up and wants food, but he doesn't cook so much as "heat stuff up" in the microwave, and if he does cook he ruins my pans or sets things on fire. No, I'm not bitter. *grumble*

Okay, so it's not every time, but often enough I want him out of the kitchen as much as possible. Unless he comes up behind me to kiss my neck while *I'm* cooking. lol. He'd probably be upset if he knew I said that though, so hush. And he does a few things well, which I can't really complain about, but ...

ANYWAY.

I guess a couple of months ago, she and I made spaghetti 3 times in 1 week. Now, hubby never would eat it before we got together, but he likes it just fine now. But not 3 times in 1 week. Kiddo and I could eat it 3 times a week every week and be just fine. But he wasn't and asked what was for dinner one night, and I started to say "spaghetti," but the look on the poor man's face stopped me. He admitted he was sick of it because we'd made it 3 times that week. I made something else instead, and to spare himself the agony, he asked if we could just have spaghetti every Monday. I said sure, and thus, Spaghetti Monday was born.

And so was my following Katie's example (orgjunkie.com) and creating a Menu Plan Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment