Thursday, January 15, 2009

Jambalaya

I will be looking for a from-scratch recipe for this next time, but for a box or two of Zatarain's, it wasn't bad. First, I took about 1-1/2 c of frozen, raw, peeled, and deveined (but still with a tail) shrimp out of the freezer a couple of hours before it was time to start dinner. They didn't quite thaw completely, but that was okay.

Then, I sliced the smoked sausage and cut each slice in half. Next, I diced and cooked 1 chicken breast in about 2 Tbs of olive oil. Then removed the chicken and, per the boxes' instructions, added water and brought to a boil. When it was time to put stuff in, I added the chicken and the sausage and the Zatarain's, then set the timer for 15 minutes. When the timer went off, I drained and added the shrimp (so it didn't overcook), and let cook the remainder of the time on the box.

It was still watery.

I took the lid off and let it cook for a bit longer, but it was still soupy, which it wasn't supposed to be. So annoying.

So I served it with a slotted spoon and ate all the shrimp. Except a few pieces I let hubby have. lol. Kiddo ate some chicken and sausage and the rice, hubby ate a lot of the food, and I rather enjoyed it. There's enough left for lunch tomorrow or the next day (depending on if I'm in the mood).

I am changing tomorrow's menu though. We're having salmon and spaghetti squash instead of the salsa chicken soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment