Friday, January 23, 2009

The Plan

We have NOT stuck to the plan at all this week.

Correction. We did have Spaghetti Monday, and I did make pork roast and Salsa Chicken, but that's about it.

Long week.

The salsa chicken was good, but I'll probably change it up a bit next time. I only used 2 cans of chicken broth, which equates to about 3-1/2 cups instead of 4 which I liked because the soup was thicker, and I will leave the mushrooms out completely next time. They tasted fine, but were a bit weird in what is, essentially, a chili. The beans turned out awesome and the chicken was moist and tender. And since there is no added fat in this dish, it is good for hubby's new weight loss competition. I didn't make muffins because, hello, I'm an idiot and ran out of corn meal and forgot to buy more!

The roast was passable. The butternut squash I served with it went over well. Even the baby ate some.

I'm figuring out what to make Saturday and Sunday from what we have on hand and will go to the store for groceries on Monday. Wahoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment