Friday, January 29, 2010

This week

I did plan some menus, but forgot to do MPM. I'd planned chili in the crock pot and corn bread for Tuesday, which was a busy day. So nice to come home and just be able to eat dinner. And I'd planned a roast in the crock pot for today because it's my shopping day and, well, I'm usually too tired to cook afterward. But, life happened last night, and the husband needed MEAT (one of his comfort foods), so I sliced up half the roast and sauteed it with some soy sauce, then made stir fry veggies for him. I made meatless spaghetti for the kids, and gave Kiddo a little bit of meat, which she liked and ate. I had some of everything. haha.

I thought about crockpotting a stew for tonight, but forgot to start it this morning. So, I diced up the other half of the roast into tiny pieces (around half an inch) and cooked them over medium heat with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, onion powder, and right before it was done, I added some lime juice. We had soft tacos -- I got some small-ish flour tortillas on sale today. So, I made guacamole (for dairy free guac, I use mayo in place of sour cream), diced a tomato, heated up a drained can of pinto beans with a little taco seasoning, and got out the iceberg salad I bought last week. SO good. The husband ate THREE. haha.

I don't even remember what else I've cooked this week. That's how crazy it was. And how much I'm suffering from "placenta brain".

BUT, I'll be back Monday with a plan for next week. I went shopping today and then came home to a pukey baby, but at least the groceries got put away first! I'll be planning menus around the proteins I was able to get on sale and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment