Friday, September 4, 2009

Menu Plan Friday

I went shopping.

We now have all the desserts we'll need for a month or so. lol. We also have other foods we'll go through and use here and there. Here's a list of what dinners I have stuff on hand for -- not assigning days, just because.

*Kahlua pork, taro, rice, spinach
*Steak, baked potatoes, cole slaw
*Pulled pork sandwiches with slaw
*country fried steak, rice, country gravy, veggies (we had this last night; need more gravy mix or will use brown gravy)
*soup and biscuits (we had this tonight but have more of it so will probably do it again soon)
*Flying saucers and peas (I realize this isn't our normal fare, but we're trying to eat what food I can get for cheap)
*Spaghetti
*Gnocchi (from scratch)
*Pancakes or waffles
*Chicken waffles
*various ways to prepare chicken with rice or ramen, veggies
*Steak chili (made from scratch) with cornbread

That's almost two weeks' worth of dinners that we have in our house right NOW! And if we needed, we could stretch it further. We also have some lunch stuff (leftovers from above meals, sandwiches, soup, etc.) and breakfasts will be more along the lines of eggs and toast or cereal with rice milk. So I think we're just about set for a week or so and I'll have to get more meats next week, but that's probably it.

I buy meats when they're on a good sale and freeze them. I'm just learning how to be more frugal with other things, but the meat and other food storage has saved our butts when days were cut at the plant or a big bill came or whatever. So ... I told my sweet husband that he'd have to put up with things not being "normal" and just eating around what's on sale. Between the sales and learning how to save more money and what we have on hand, we'll be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment