Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ugh.

Ratatouille ... it tasted fine, was enjoyable, in fact. Until my mouth started itching. And hubby's throat swelled up.

We're both allergic to eggplant apparently, since we have had all of the other ingredients without a problem. I've eaten eggplant before but never loved it so I didn't eat it for years ... I was enjoying it tonight until ...

Here's my list of *food* allergies and intolerances, just for fun. In no particular order.

Dairy
Eggplant
Pineapple
Raw tomatoes (I do eat them cooked without a problem)
Pistachios
Mangoes
Passionfruit
Papaya
Walnuts
Pecans
Blueberries
Bananas
Some salad greens (I can tolerate them in small doses very infrequently; have to be careful)
Poppy seeds

I'm sure there's more but I'm drawing a blank. I usually just know "I'm allergic to that" and don't eat it.

Just in case you didn't know, bananas are related to the plant from which latex is derived, to which I'm also allergic.

Pistachios and mangoes are related.

I also have medical allergies aside from latex.

And that's just part of the fun of being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment